My 1 day open workshop involved a group of young people working together to build their own dream island using found or recycled materials. The islands were made using materials collected by the participants as well as myself. The idea was based on the Islands built by British artist Richart Sowa in Mexico using trash and recycled materials. The participants were asked to consider these points:
1) What is the name of your island?
2) Who will live on the island?
3) Do animals live on the island?
4) How will the island produce power?
5) What do the people (if there are any) who live on the island do for fun?
6) What is the most important rule on the island?
7) Does the island have transportation?
8) Will the inhabitants create garbage, if so what will they do with it? If not, how do they avoid producing garbage?